If you’re in the business of manufacturing, distributing or shipping products intended for military or federal applications, you’re required to adhere to stringent packaging requirements. Fortunately, at Caltex Plastics, we have more than three decades of experience manufacturing packaging materials and products for military use.
Items and components intended for use in a naval or naval aviation environment must be able to withstand harsh surroundings that contain high levels of moisture and salt. That’s why we offer a line of water-vapor-proof packaging materials that provide robust barrier protection for items that are susceptible to corrosion. In fact, we manufacture our own MIL-PRF-131K QPL material(CALPAC ULTRAFOIL 500M and 1000M) to ensure our customers are getting the absolute best protection.
Heat-Sealable MIL-SPEC-PRF-131K Bags
The following packaging products are both vapor-proof and heat-sealable:
- MIL-PRF-131K Class 1 ULTRAFOIL 500M: This sturdy foil-based moisture barrier laminate has a low-density polyethylene inner layer and can be used for a wide range of applications. It’s lightweight, flexible, heat-sealable, waterproof and greaseproof — plus, it’s resistant to many chemicals, including non-volatile residues and the effects of outgassing. Available in bottom, side and zipper configurations, it’s extremely tear- and puncture-resistant as well. It can be used for vacuum packaging — including applications that require nitrogen flushing — and conforms easily to the shape of items.
- MIL-PRF-131K Class 1 ULTRAFOIL 1000M: This super heavy-duty packaging is a foil-based moisture barrier laminate. It’s specifically designed to resist tearing and punctures, as well as to minimize contamination resulting from chemicals, including from sources such as non-volatile residues and outgassing. It’s lightweight and suitable for vacuum packaging, including applications that involve nitrogen flushing. Bottom, side and zipper configurations are all available.
- MIL-SPEC-PRF-131K Class 2 Packaging: These vapor-proof paper MIL-SPEC-PRF bags are manufactured using a layered structure of paper / polyethylene / foil / polyethylene and are converted in compliance with MIL-DTL-117. They’re heat-sealable, flexible and perfect for applications that require a moisture barrier.
- MIL-SPEC-PRF-131K Class 3 Packaging
Every day, the men and women in our armed forces are willing to put their lives on the line for our country. As such, it’s the duty of organizations that supply products to the military or transport goods for military use to ensure that the items in question are protected from damage and contamination.
To make sure, the Department of Defense — or DoD — has issued a set of specifications that govern both the items and the packaging used to transport them. Consequently, organizations working with the military are required to comply with these regulations. Since 2001, MIL-SPEC-DTL 117 are the regulations that cover which types of shipping and packaging materials may be used.
Caltex Plastics — Your MIL-SPEC Packaging Professional
At Caltex Plastics, we manufacture high-quality custom pouches, sheets, sheeting and tubing from a wide variety of multi-layer barrier products. To ensure that our products meet all relevant MIL-SPEC regulations, we continually employ quality control and testing practices.
We’re dedicated to providing you with the best possible packaging materials in the most cost-effective and efficient manner possible. Since 1984, we’ve exceeded our customers’ expectations in our quality, pricing and responsiveness. Let us do the same for you.
To learn more about our full line of MIL-SPEC packaging products, contact us today.
- Responsive to customer needs
- Provide custom tailored packaging
- Customer support (technical, brochures, spec sheets, test data, applications)
- Competitive pricing
- Commitment to building long term relationships
- Over 1 millions pounds of product shipped monthly
- Competitive Shipping Rates
- Stock items shipped same day
- Large inventory of stock sizes
- National warehousing in the U.S. both west and east coasts.
- Stocking locations in Asia and Europe (more locations soon)
- World wide network of qualified distributors
Last updated: December 21st, 2020