CALPAC ULTRAFOIL 500M
CALPAC ULTRAFOIL 500M is a heavy duty, foil-based, moisture barrier laminate designed for a wide variety of applications. It is designed to minimize contamination from sources including outgassing and non volatile residues in addition to being waterproof, greaseproof, flexible and heat sealable. With excellent puncture and tear resistance, it is well suited for packaging items large or small that require protection from the elements.
This moisture barrier film is on the QPL for MIL-PRF-131K and is converted in accordance with MIL-DTL-117H.
- Average Thickness - 5.4 mil.
- Yield - 5094in²/lbs.
- Tensile Strength
- MD - 5366 psi
- TD - 7251 psi
- Graves Tear
- MD - 3 lbs.
- TD - 3.5 lbs.
- Spencer Impact - 13 lbs.
- Puncture Resistance - 18 lbs.
- Moisture Vapor Transmission Rate - 0.0005 g/100in²/day
- Oxygen Gas Transmission Rate - 0.0005 g/100in²/day
- Heat Seal Range - 275°F-500°F
- Seal Strength Min. - 14 lbs.
MIL-PRF-131K Class 1 (general use). Class 1 material with plastic non-woven backing is intended to be used in all packaging applications where heat-sealable, flexible, watervaporproof, greaseproof, barrier materials are required.
Intended use – The barrier materials covered by this specification are intended for use in specialized military methods of preservation. The combination of all performance characteristics of MIL-PRF-131; seam strength and fabrication; water vapor transmission rate; breaking strength; puncture, blocking and curl resistance; contact corrosivity; delamination; and water resistance of markings provide the necessary requirements for protection from exposure to the extremes of the navy/naval aviation environment. Navy/naval aviation items are exposed to high moisture, high salt concentration, transfer at sea, rough handling, and minimal storage conditions. There are no commercial equivalents that meet the physical, mechanical, and corrosion requirements necessary to protect materiel that is exposed to the operational naval aviation environment. Specifically, Methods 41, 42, 43, 51, 52, and 53 of MIL-STD-2073-1 use MIL-PRF-131 as the premier source of barrier materials that provide watervaporproof (and watervaporproof with desiccant) protection for applicable items encountering the above conditions.
- Superior chemical resistance.
- Excellent puncture and tear resistance.
- Linear low density Polyethylene inner layer for easy sealability.
- Low MVTR. Protects against damage caused by humidity, moisture, oxygen, odors, and other airborne contaminants.
- Lightweight and puncture resistant. Easily conforms to the shape of products during vacuum packaging.
- Suitable for vacuum packaging applications requiring nitrogen flushing.
- Available in Class 100 clean.
- Date and lot coded for traceability.
- Thermal transfer identification print is standard.
- Available in zipper, side and bottom gusset configurations.
- Lead-free RoHS 2, REACH and Conflict Minerals compliant.
Last updated: October 8th, 2019