Military and Defense Packaging
The military and defense industry transports a variety of sensitive products, and many are difficult or impossible to ship using commercial packaging. Packaging manufacturers must comply with strict guidelines to protect military and defense shipments. For your custom packaging needs, turn to Caltex Plastics. We are a packaging manufacturer and supplier that creates shipping solutions for many industries, including military and defense.
The Importance of Packaging in Military and Defense
Military packages and exports are subject to harsh treatment. Packages go through several handlers, face exposure to adverse conditions and remain in storage for extended periods of time. As a result of these demanding conditions, military and defense packaging must meet Department of Defense requirements.
As a military and defense packaging supplier, Caltex Plastics meets the following standards:
- MIL-STD-2073: This requirement is the Standard Practice for Military Packaging. To comply with MIL-STD-2073, a package must have effective protection from corrosion and other deterioration. This compliance measure applies to environmental, physical and mechanical causes for damage. Packages must withstand the military distribution system, which may pass a shipment between handlers.
- MIL-STD-129: This standard addresses how shipments are labeled. The Department of Defense requires that all shipments have uniform markings to streamline shipping and storage.
- ASTM-D3951: The Standard Practice for Commercial Packaging ensures that packages comply with various rules. Like MIL-STD-2073, it ensures a package's resistance to damage. A shipment compliant with ASTM-D3951 holds up despite passing through multiple hands, rough shipment methods and at least one year of storage in an enclosed facility. Under this guideline, the package must be ready for shipment without adding extra labels or packaging.
Our Offerings for Military and Defense Packaging
Trust Caltex Plastics as your MIL-SPEC packaging manufacturer. Defense logistics are complex, and our team takes those unique processes into consideration. Our machine-made packaging products provide solutions for your military and defense packaging needs. Our materials include:
- Static shielding: Products like electronics are sensitive to static electricity, which can build up during shipment and storage. Conductive plastic packaging and static shielding prevent friction and proximity from creating a buildup of static electricity.
- Water and vapor-proof: Moisture has an adverse effect on various products. These materials create a barrier to keep your shipment safe.
- Grease-proof: Keep grease and contaminants away from products during transportation and storage with grease-proof packaging materials.
- Heat-sealable: Protect your shipment from harsh climates and dust with heat-sealable packaging. These products will seal your package against the elements.
Why Choose Caltex Plastics for Military and Defense Packaging?
At Caltex Plastics, we specialize in custom packaging solutions for commercial and industrial use, including military and defense. We have an extensive inventory of in-stock packaging and the capability to meet your exact specifications through custom products. We're dedicated to the safe transport of goods, and we've proven that commitment over 30 years in business. Enjoy short lead times on our custom solutions and on-hand rollstock. Our 24/7 operations help us meet your delivery schedule.
Contact us today for more information about our military and defense packaging.
contact us for more information Become A Distributor