MIL-PRF-22191F Bags Wholesale
For any business that manufactures, distributes or ships products intended for use by military or federal agencies, making use of the right packaging materials is critical. In fact, military specifications extend far beyond establishing expectations as to which parts and components may be utilized — they also set out standards as to which materials must be used for packaging.
Heat-Sealable MIL-SPEC PRF Bags
Organizations and contractors supplying the military need to know which packaging materials can be used to protect items from contamination and possible damage from environmental conditions such as water, vapors and salt. Several forms of heat-sealable bags are qualified as meeting military specifications. One of these types of packaging materials is MIL-PRF-22191F, which is known for its low moisture vapor transmission rate, or MVTR.
What Is MIL-PRF-22191F?
MIL-PRF-22191F is a MIL-SPEC-approved transparent material that can be heat sealed. It provides protection against water, water vapor and grease. In the harsh environments associated with military use, MIL-PRF-22191F is often used as a packaging material for machine parts, aircraft parts and components that are susceptible to corrosion.
At Caltex Plastics, we stock several MIL-PRF-22191F products, including bags, rollstock and tubing. We carry MIL-PRF-22191F in both Type I Class 1 and Type II Class 2 forms. Further information on each type follows, and if you have any questions on which type is right for your needs, please don’t hesitate to contact us at your earliest convenience.
- MIL-PRF-22191F Type I Class 1: This transparent material is heat-sealable and provides a low MVTR, making it an ideal packaging choice for products that are susceptible to corrosion. Its construction is based on a Polymer / PE / PET / PE layered design. All of our bags made from this material are constructed in full compliance with MIL-DTL-117.
- MIL-SPEC-PRF-22191F Type 2 Class 2: Packaging in the form of vapor-proof MIL-SPEC-PRF Type II Class 2 bags offers an economical heat-sealable, transparent option for items that don’t require the highest degree of protection from moisture. The material’s construction is based on a PET / PE layered design. Bags made from this material are fully constructed with MIL-DTL-117 compliance in mind.
Both types of MIL-SPEC-PRF-22191F have barrier material characteristics that make them ideal for naval and naval aviation applications where challenges such as high salt, moisture and rough handling are regular occurrences. In addition, MIL-SPEC-PRF-22191F exhibits very good seam strength and is resistant to aging, punctures and tears.
The Department of Defense — or DoD — issues a set of standards known as the MIL-STD to ensure that materials for military use are reliable and safe. It also issues further specifications known as MIL-SPEC that detail the requirements for items and packaging for military and federal use. Since 2001, MIL-SPEC-DTL 117 sets out the standards for the types of packaging and shipping materials approved for use by military contractors and related manufacturers.
Caltex Plastics — Your MIL-SPEC Packaging Professional
At Caltex Plastics, we have extensive experience manufacturing MIL-SPEC compliant packaging materials. What’s more: Because military specifications are subject to change, we make sure we’re always up to date on the latest requirements so that you never have to worry about your packaging materials being up to par.
It’s our mission to provide you with high-quality packaging materials in the most cost-effective and streamlined manner possible. For more than 35 years, our quality, affordability and outstanding service have been exceeding our customers’ expectations. Let us be your packaging partner too so that you can see for yourself.
To learn more about our full line of MIL-SPEC packaging products, contact us today.
- Responsive to customer needs
- Provide custom tailored packaging
- Customer support (technical, brochures, spec sheets, test data, applications)
- Competitive pricing
- Commitment to building long term relationships
- Over 1 millions pounds of product shipped monthly
- Competitive Shipping Rates
- Stock items shipped same day
- Large inventory of stock sizes
- National warehousing in the U.S. both west and east coasts.
- Stocking locations in Asia and Europe (more locations soon)
- World wide network of qualified distributors
- Over 50 materials in stock
- Wide variety of packaging options
- Customer bag configurations
- Specialize in short run and custom production
- Progressive quality control procedures and testing
- Manufacture 24 hours a day 7 days a week
Last updated: January 21st, 2020