Mylar Bag Packaging - CALVF 4
CALVF4 is a Mylar bag that consists of a polyethylene layer laminated to an aluminum foil layer, creating the effect of a flexible tin can. It is an effective barrier against light, moisture, and oxygen making CALVF4 suitable for a wide array of uses. It is ideal for food products that require protection from odor, moisture and oxygen to stay fresh and also in industrial or commercial applications where CALVF4's barrier abilities make it suitable for packaging sensitive components.
CALVF 4 is ideal for packaging of critical components where protection against moisture and corrosion is necessary. It has a wide range of uses where a high barrier film is needed with a low WVTR. It is well suited for food packaging, where very low oxygen levels are required.
Physical Properties: (PET / adhesive / Foil / adhesive / LLDPE)
- TOTAL THICKNESS - 4.3 mil
- WATERVAPOR TRANSMISSION RATE (ASTM F1249) - 0.0003 gr./100 in² 24 hrs.
- O2 TRANSMISSION RATE (MOCON) - 0.001/cc/m² /24 hrs.
- TENSILE STRENGTH (INSTRON TAPPI T404) - 25 psi
- BURSTING STRENGTH (MULLEN TAPPI T403) - 69 psi
- PUNCTURE STRENGTH (FTMS 101-C, 2065.1) - > 18 psi
- BREAKING STRENGTH (GRAB FED 191) - 70 lb.
- HEAT SEAL PROPERTIES - 450o F - 2 sec. 45 psi
SHELF-LIFE / STOAGE CONDITIONS: 1 year from date of manufacture when stored between 60-80 degrees F, humidity between 40-60% and kept away from heat sources and direct sunlight.
- Keeps out odors and oxygen to help prevent your food product from becoming fouled.
- Ideal for applications that require low oxygen levels.
- Effective light, moisture, odor, and oxygen barrier.
- Helps prevent oxidation, corrosion, and moisture related damage to components.
- Increases longevity and shelf life of food products.
- FDA and USDA compliant material, safe for food.
- Shields against light, to prevent UV damage and to help keep the temperature of your product stable.
Last updated: November 15th, 2019